HIS DEADLY DEMISE.
The last tragic act in the sad drama of Saul’s decline is found in Chapters 28-31 of Samuel. Please read it for yourself.
SAUL’S downgrade course ends with a visit to the Witch of Endor; he becomes a man of WEAKNESS and a DESOLATE heart.
Here’s a man who once received counsel from Heaven; however, at this point, he now sought the underworld for knowledge of his future, though it was previously banned.
This ends on the battlefield the very next day, in a deadly battle with the Philistines, where his son Johnathan died with his three brothers.
FINALLY, SAUL COMMITTED SUICIDE!
When King David heard of this tragedy, he cried tears of grief, and we weep too.
“OH, HOW THE MIGHTY HAS FALLEN.”
Saul had so much promise; however, his life declined and ended in ruin.
“Saul you have indeed played the fool!”
Why did Saul fall so far?
My earlier assumption proves true. It was his ‘SELF-WILL.’
His two besetting sins were,
PRESUMPTION AND DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD
Behind this was an impulsive and unsurrendered will.
When self rules, it is a business of SELF-ISM.
3. SELF- CENTEREDNESS.
ONE VITAL RESPONSIBILITY GIVEN TO US THAT BRINGS TRUE FULFILLMENT AND BLESSING IS OBEDIENCE TO THE WILL OF GOD!
Saul thought he always should have the last word, but he learned that he must always be subject the Lord: THE KING ABOVE HIM!
We rule ‘for God,’ not ‘instead of God.’ Let’s not be independent and self-directed but use our lives to fulfill His Will and accomplish His Kingdom on Earth.
SAUL’S WORST ENEMY WAS NOT THE PHILISTINES. HIS WORST ENEMY WAS HIMSELF!
This is why he played THE FOOL!
There is something we can learn from this true story.
1. Choose and stay near godly friends. Saul didn’t stay close to Samuel, for spiritual advice.
2. Obey God in small matters. Don’t make religious excuses for your actions.
3. Do not allow envy and jealousy to master your mind.
THIS HYMN OF CONSECRATION SAYS IT ALL.
“TAKE MY WILL AND MAKE IT THINE;
IT SHALL BE NO LONGER MINE.
TAKE MY INTELLECT AND USE;
EVERY POWER, AS THOU SHALT CHOOSE.”
- Those of you who are prompted by God to support this World wide ministry financially, your gifts are appreciated so much.
- There are many costs involved, such as fees. Technical support. A new Phone and iPad.
- Also, lessons to improve my writing abilities and editing costs. I would also like to print a tract and mail them across the World. 🌎
- So you can help me spread the Gospel of Salvation to everyone else before Jesus returns!
YOU CAN DONATE VIA MY EMAIL ADDRESS. email@example.com
YOUR GIFTS ARE PROTECTED AND UNDETECTED FROM EVIL SCAMMERS.
THANKYOU AND THE LORD BLESS YOUR HEART ❤️.